football
Brazil’s national coach Dorival Júnior released
Updated on March 28, 2025 – 11:02 p.m.Reading time: 2 min.

The bitter defeat with the South America classic was the drop that caused the barrel to overflow. The Seleção separates from its trainer. A possible successor should come from abroad.
After the clear defeat against arch -rival and world champion Argentina, Brazil’s national coach Dorival Júnior was released. The 62-year-old is no longer responsible for the national team, the Brazilian Football Association (CBF) said about the platform X.
“We are very grateful for the work he did with the national team and wish him every success for his further career,” said CBF President Ednaldo Rodrigues. From then on, work is being made to find a successor.
Dorival had put bad performance and results under pressure since last year. After the 1: 4-chicken in the World Cup qualification against Argentina on Tuesday, the situation had further exacerbated. It was the first time in over 60 years that the record title holder with three goals lost difference against Argentina.
Both teams had to do without their respective superstars Lionel Messi and Neymar at the meeting in Buenos Aires. “We have to rethink everything,” striker Vinícius Júnior said after the defeat in Prestiget duel in South America.
With the discharge, the Seleção and its fourth trainer have to deal with its fourth trainer at the end of the World Cup at the end of 2022. After the resignation of Tite in 2023, Brazil had Ramon Menezes and Fernando Diniz as an interim coach before Dorival was hired in January 2024. In 16 games below him, the Seleção won seven, played seven draws and lost two.
According to “O Globo”, Carlo Ancelotti from Real Madrid Ednaldo’s favorite should be to take over the national team about a year before the next World Cup. But the negotiations are not easy because the Italian would not leave the royal in June and July, the newspaper reported.
That is why Jorge Jesus from the Saudi club Al-Hilal should be one of the top candidates. The Portuguese has agreed to leave the Saudi team in front of the World Cup, it said. Striker Neymar was retired before his return to FC Santos at Al-Hilal by Jorge Jesus.