After separating rose
RB Leipzig announces successors
Updated on March 30th, 2025 – 3:50 p.m.Reading time: 2 min.

On Sunday morning, RB Leipzig announced the separation from Marco Rose. Now it is also clear who will train the team.
The chapter Marco Rose is history at RB Leipzig. The club separated from its trainer on Sunday morning. Sports Managing Director Marcel Schäfer said: “In view of the development and the lack of results, we are firmly convinced that we need a new impulse for the remaining games to achieve our season goals.”
The Saxons wanted to announce “shortly” who would take over until the end of the season. Now it is clear: Zsolt Löw will be on the sidelines of the remaining seven game days. This was announced by Leipzig on Sunday afternoon. Peter Krawietz supports Löw as an assistant coach in Leipzig.
Sports Managing Director Marcel Schäfer said: “Zsolt Löw brings everything to make a trend reversal and a clear boost: extraordinarily a lot of experience, extremely successful work at top European clubs and the right address.”
Then the Leipzig sports boss emphasized: “Last but not least, the team is now obliged to pull the helm around with Zsolt.” Not an easy task, because the Leipzigers have to exist against Bavaria at Eintracht Frankfurt and at home. Schäfer explained: “At the same time, we are now working on the occupation of the coaching post from the coming season 25/26.”
So far, Löw worked as Head of Soccer Development at Red Bull. Previously, he was an assistant coach under Thomas Tuchel at FC Bayern (2023 to 2024) and also at Chelsea (2021 to 2022) FC (2018 to 2020).
Löw himself says to his new task: “Our whole focus is on the maximum remaining games this season. We still have the opportunity to achieve our goals in two competitions. We will do everything we can to achieve the cup final in Berlin and get the maximum out of the rest of the Bundesliga season.”